Atiku extols supreme sacrifices of Nigerian military

Atiku extols supreme sacrifices of Nigerian military

Former Vice President and chieftain of All Progressives Congress, Atiku Abubakar commends the remarkable, incredible, unflagging and patriotic sacrifices of our military personnel in the line of duty and in the defence of the country.

The former Vice President made the statement shortly after his arrival from an overseas trip at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja on Sunday, 15 January 2017.

A statement released by his media office to mark this year’s Armed Forces Remembrance Day, quotes the former Vice President as observing that since the end of the civil war in 1970, members of our armed forces have not faced greater challenges than today in the face of counterterrorism war against the Boko Haram insurgents.

Atiku Abubakar says apart from sapping energy and resources, counterterrorism is one of the most stressful security duties, adding that the performance of our military personnel under these gruelling challenges “is admirable and praiseworthy.”

According to Atiku Abubakar, laying down one’s life for the sake of others is the highest sacrifices, explaining these officers and men are driven by sheer patriotism and love of fellow citizens.

He notes that any group of people who can overcome fear for the call of duty and love of one’s country deserve the greatest honour, respect and rewards from their societies.

The Turakin Adamawa also states that he was impressed beyond words by the recent military successes against the Boko Haram insurgents, including the successful assault on the notorious terrorists’ den, the Sambisa Forest, which he says has sent a clear message that criminals, cannot defeat law and order permanently.

He pays special tributes to the officers and men who lost their lives in the line of duty or battlefield, and calls on the authorities to take adequate care of the families of fallen heroes.

The former Vice President also says he is looking forward to the day members of our military personnel would join the list of military inventors and designers such as Mikhail Kalashnikov of Russia, the designer of the famous AK-47 assault rifles. He says that the Defence Industries Corporation Kaduna should one day showcase the inventiveness, and technical acumen of our military.

The former Vice President while congratulating our gallant armed forces, advises the military leadership to create special units for research to help Nigeria produce its weapons, among others locally to reduce the pressure on the over dependence on foreign countries for weapons and equipment.

shareFacebookGoogle+TwitterLinkedIn

10 Comments on "Atiku extols supreme sacrifices of Nigerian military"

• sirOscie says

Very well said Turaki.
    Special tributes to the officers and men who lost their lives in the line of duty, And I urge the authorities to take requisite care of the families of our fallen heroes.

• Babtunde says

Well said and articulated by the Turaki himself. We are all grateful to men and women of the armed forces.

• Mahmud Mannir says

Good Morning Sir My name is Mahmud Mannir from katsina state am graduate my secondry school, since 2011 but am not get the admission than this year because of jamb problem, we got the admssion in bosuga university uganda me and my elder brother, but when we contact our father about the start to processing visa and school fees, accomadation, feeding money and rest than he told us he have no afford in this situation because of he is contractor he made the contract since last government pass yet he is not getting the payment also the time approaching please and please and please sir help us please Sir but am really so sorry if my request make you sad wallahi wallahi i dnt knw what i can do that is why i ask you please Sir i dnt want to loose this admission chance because of we took a long time in home without studyng please and please sir help us please and please and please that is my Account number 6011712594 Account name Mahmud Mannir Bank name keystone thank you sir may Allah protect you and your family from Allah your enemies may Allah achieving all your ambition may Allah accept all your pray really sir need your help please and please Sir

• Aleke Emmanuel says

Please may you permit me to serve and push the ambition of our great leader, someone this country has been missing. Sir, you are my mentor and I believe in you and your ambition. Am ready to serve you even if it entails dropping my last blood for you to be president of this great country.

• luka izang agwom says

good evening sir I am writing from jos east l g c of plateau state to tell you how happy I am to take a message about you across my locality and beyond, that make me to create a page on Facebook, youth coalition for atiku and presently I am planning to go to jos and search for any enlightenment existing group towards achieving success come 2019, I want a link with any existing group through this contact 07069462385 or my email, thank you sir

• hannah says

sir pls get in touch with me its a matter of life and death

• Zaharadeen Haruna Hassan says

Asslm sir, I thank all migthy Allah that gives me the wisdom to have access to you am zaharadeen Haruna Hassan live in jos plateau state my president 2019 insha Allah, sir may all migthy Allah bless you and your family sir here is my contact number for sopoting you 07038131038

• Prince charming says

Good work sir may the almighty God strength you more